Friday, May 29, 2009

The Meeting with India's Customer Today


Today I received two customers coming from India where a country is located next to China. At the beginning, I was afraid that there might be a communication problem, for I am unfamiliar with their culture.

I was driving them to my company after picking them up at the airport. I was trying to understand more about their background and culture by asking a number of questions, yet their response to me was not involved enough in our conversation.

They seemed very happy with our products after a factory tour. On the way for dinner, they started to chat about their religion. They are Jainism that developing in ancient India; they are vegetarians for several generations. They make their family name same as their religion “Jain”, and their main principle is not killing every living beings. The Jainism is about 19% in their population.


It was around 10:30 to send them back to hotel, and they were appreciating our kind receiving. It was a great meeting today.



No comments: